Thursday, November 16, 2006

Free Hugs!


I thought this was quite meaningful. How often we yearn for someone to come up to us to say, “It’s alright, I still believe in you.” And what better way to say that than with a big warm fuzzy hug?

I actually do think that touch is one of the most communicative ways of showing and expressing love. I don’t mean therefore we should go around touching each other lah. That amounts to molestation! But a healthy pat on the back or an assuring wrap around the shoulder definitely goes a long way to say, “I understand.” or “I’m here for you.” or “You’re doing well, I’m proud of you.” Try it with someone in your family today, especially your parents. They deserve it more than you think they do.

I can’t help but wonder how Singaporeans would take to something like that on the streets. I might be crazy enough to try it one day. But maybe not Orchard Road lah. Start with Expo Hall 9 first. Heh. I trust you will not leave me out in the cold or run away from me if you do see me doing that.

4 comments:

jo c said...

somehow i have a feeling that in singapore people will most likely just give you a weird what-are-you-trying-to-do look haha!

but hugs are nice. and from the video it seems like some people don't get enough of it that they are be willing to hug total strangers. well i'll just stick to being huggy veggy with the fam and friends :P

zapple90 said...

Hmm... Hall 9 is quite Ok, yes. but not sure if Singaporeans @ orchard road are ready for this typ e of thing..

They might mistake it for being touchy feely..

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do agree with both of you. However, you see how the vid started with everyone being really suspicious at first? But things changed after a while. I think it will work.

Also, I think this video has been going around for a while, so there are people who have seen it and can identify with it!

I really want to try it. Haha. But maybe next year! :)

jo c said...

and next year is only less than 2 months away... haha!

okay go ahead. i promise i won't run away from you... too much... hahaha!

first step, hall 9, next time orchard!