Friday, April 11, 2008

The Moment of Truth Revealed




You know how there are some moments in your life when you read or hear or watch something and then it all becomes clear to you? I've had the blessings of having a few of these so far in my life - the first when I came to really know this person called Jesus Christ. Today, while watching 2 videos, something clicked in me so strongly I almost thought I saw my future write itself out in front of me. Between these 2 videos, they sum up 2 things that I hold very closely to my heart - creativity and education (what I like to see as helping others get in touch with their own creativity and potential).

The first video by Sir Ken Robinson inspired and fuel my passion for creativity. The second, a presentation by Dave Eggers took it right out of my mouth. Some of you might have heard me speak before of this dream to open some form of tuition centre with an emphasis on personal attention before Dave Eggers with his 826 Valencia project, literally put out in reality what I have been pondering about in my mind all this while. It's not just his idea. It's how he did it that my heart so resonates with. Watching it made me speechless. I would have cried except that I was too full of excitement and joy and encouragement. For a while now, I thought maybe I was just some crazy guy trying to make a difference without even knowing if any of his ideas made any sense. Today, I know IT IS POSSIBLE. And I promise you, IT WILL HAPPEN. Check out "Once Upon A School" to learn more about what I am talking about.

Even now, as I write this, I just can't stop thinking about it. It's like one crucial piece of the jig-saw puzzle has been finally found. Incidentally, my thesis project due really soon has got very much to do with this idea, but on a larger scale. I don't know how else to explain this, but I finally see some light in the midst of these endless days of darkness! Thank you Huimei, for it was at your blog that I first watch Robinson's video which led me to search the rest of TED.com This is really significant for me. I can't wait to see where this brings me. What a revelation! What a great God we have! No matter how tough it might get, I'm going to do it anyway. Cheers!

4 comments:

gLeNiSe said...

Hey hey, thank God for this revelation! I'm excited for you and really pray that the Lord will keep this fire burning! I can't wait to see that day happen for you too.

Jia you for your thesis, I know this time round will be different!

Unknown said...

Hey Ah Mei!

Thanks for the encouragement and support! I might not have sounded very excited on Sunday when you mentioned you read my latest entry. I think my response was pretty much, "Oh, ok." Ha ha. I had other things on mind that I was worrying about lah.

I think what they say about man not being able to multi-task is quite true. Ha ha. I'll be counting on you for more "tangible" support in the future hor! :)

gLeNiSe said...

lol...yes...man can't multi-task, but I found 1 man who can! surprise surprise...

well, I hope that thing which u were worrying about is solved now.

Tangible support?? Like?? haha...we shall discuss further... ;o)

Unknown said...

Wah. Now just who might that man be? Anyone I know? Or is he that special someone? Hur hur.

No secret what kept me worrying lah. My thesis project. And it's still worrying me! If you got time, can help me make model ok? Submission is on Wednesday and I do need help. :)