Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I MADE IT!!!


YES! I did it! What started out as a personal challenge for myself finally became reality as I took to the sands at East Coast Park for the flag off of the OSIM Triathlon 2006. I took part in the Sprint distance comprising a 750m swim in the sea, followed by a 20km cycle and lastly, a 5km run. For the record, I came in in 273rd Position with a total time of 1h 41.58 sec. Not bad for my first try I must say. Here are the detailed timings.

750m Swim: 00:15:19
20km Cycle: 00:53:34
5km Run: 00:33:05
Overall Timing: 01:41:58

Well. it's been a great journey taking part in this race and I really enjoyed the whole process of it, especially the race itself.

I told my brother over sms, "If not for you , I would have never even considered joining something like this. I'm the better for it. Thank you."

I've learnt lots and will share with you my reflections in a moment.

No comments: