Thursday, September 14, 2006

A God of 2nd Chances

Look what came in my email 2 days ago...

Hi Young Preachers,
The following candidates are advancing to the second round of the Young Preacher's Contest.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Group

YouthNet Tribe

Sebastian Teo (A)

Roland Lee

Alvin Lim (A)

Lawrence Tan

Joshua Chu (B)

Jeffrey Lee

Dalston Pung (B)

Adrian Ong

Zhou Qi (C)

William Loke

Keng San (C)

Chua Seng Lee

Lee Sing Ai (D)

Rachel Lee

Michelle Yong (D)

Serene Ang

Cindy Lee (D)

Josephine Chua

Eunice Lim (E)

Serene Ang

Tammy Tan (E)

Yolanda Lim

Teh Jen Lee (E)

Rachel Lee

Lam Wai Mun

Poh Yeang Cherng

Joshua Teo

Chua Seng Lee


I SERIOUSLY had NO idea. What a surprise! A pleasant one that is! Ok, for those of you who were in the know, I was taking part in this preaching contest at my church but fdid not make it to Round 2. However, the judges did announce that there will be 2 wildcard entries and guess what? I Got one of them! Well, I must say, I am very humbled. I had a listen to some of the other preachers today on Youtube and I must say I was impressed with many of them - even those who did not make it to the 2nd round.

Well, I thank God for 2nd chances. I will not promise anyone that I will get into the Final Round. But I WILL promise you that I will preach my heart out the way God has wired me to. I think I forgot to thank everyone who supported me last round. Here's BIG thank you. I appreciated it tremendously. Well, here are the details for Round 2 of the preaching contest which will be held on 24 Sep 06.

"The challenge this round is to preach a 7-min message for BAPTISM. Preachers may use any passage of scripture for their message."

Anyone interested to support me??? :)

4 comments:

jo c said...

hey congrats! is your preaching on youtube? if so, you gotta send me the link man.

oh and all the best in your dissertation again... i'm sure you can do it.

Anonymous said...

I thought you did well for Round 1. Was disappointed you didn't get through. But now.. Wow!! Give it your best shot brother!

mirabop said...

GANBATTE KUDASAI, bro Bongshua!!!

Good that you cant whine anymore about YPC. Haha. Yes, told you you did well! =)

(From your own words) You are called to preach! *waves*

Unknown said...

jo c - I would be glad to show you my preaching on youtube except that it was change to "private video" recently. Will let you know once it is up again! :)

anonymous - Yo, thanks for the encouragement. But who are you ah? ha ha. Leave your name so I can thank you in person leh. :)

ms bloop - I got whine meh? ha ha. What if I told you I secretly knew that they would pick me??? ha ha ha ha ha. My dad said he knew I would get it. Hmmm. :) And you owe me a song.