Thursday, January 04, 2007

A Great Big Update


So it seems I haven't been writing for the longest time. I wonder how many of you have stopped checking my blog anymore cos you kept seeing the same post week after week. By the looks of my blog hits counter, I think it's almost all of you! Ha ha. Well, I HAVE been really busy. And I do know what's going on in some of your minds... "That Joshua ah... FOREVER busy. Don't know what he is busy with also!"

Don't say I never update ok. I am doing it now. So let me share with you some of the exciting things that have been taking up my time these 2 or 3 months!

My National Youth Forum project - the Singapore Inter-Faith Youth Forum 2007 took off brilliantly with a rather successful camp on 8 Nov 06! We are currently almost into the 3rd phase of the project and I think we have accomplished much. Personally, I have learned much from this experience and thank God for the blessings that He has showered upon us throughout.

The Christmas@Orchard project was quite an eventful event... There was a lot of last minute changes that required quick thinking and on the spot decision-making but all in all, it was a worthwhile experience. The sight of so many of us in pink and yellow singing carols with our balloon hats was certainly something to behold. Along the way, I learned that some people don't really know how to follow script (you know who you are... ha ha...), some people can really go high leading ice-breakers and still some others will go to the extent of getting drenched just so that they can do a good job of setting up the sound system (kudos to you guys at Greenview Sec!)

For me personally, I learned something about event and people management. The ability to be able to react to situations on the ground, yet considering the big picture as you are making
those decisions is crucial to the success of the event. I'm glad I was able to keep cool and make wise decisions in some of these situations. I thank God for His wisdom.

Last but not least, after all the many rehearsals that we had for the YouthNet Countdown Party 2006 at Expo Max Pavilion, I must say we had one "explosive" countdown to 2007! Thanks to my brother for his great ideas and creative direction, and to all the rest who helped put it together, we had a great retro time celebrating 2006 and welcoming in 2007. Who says Christians don't know how to have fun? I think we know how to have the best fun! Heh.

Anyway, as we enter 2007, I want to make my blog a little more meaningful and interesting for those of you reading it. I sort of went into this blog freeze mode where I just could not be bothered to blog cos of all the other things I have to do. Well, I have found a way that can marry both. There are 2 things that I hope to improve this year - my photography skills and my architecture design skills. I have decided that I will discipline myself to put up 2 photo essays (photos will either be taken that week itself or from chosen from my archive of personal shoots if time does not permit) and 2 posts of what I am learning about architecture each week.

The rest of my posts will be updates on some of the other projects that I will be involved in, like the Great Balloon Experiment which you will hear more off soon, and the usual picks from Youtube and Engadget. I will incorporate my reflections into the photo essays and when not possible, I will blog them separately.

Well, I hope you are as optimistic as I am in beginning 2007. I foresee it as a great year of victory for myself! I hope it is for you too. :)

1 comment:

jo c said...

"that joshua ah... FOREVER busy. don't know what he is busy with also!" ... took the words right outta my mouth haha!

hey send me the last pic please :)