Friday, April 06, 2007

Photo Essay:"Beauty like a fairy"


Ok, I want to start a series of landscape shots that I took during my travels in China. If you have been there to China before, you will know the sky is nothing like that in Australia. No luminous blues with dramatic puffy clouds almost every other day. Most of the time, you see grey skies and lots of mist, especially when you are in the mountains. Remember how Chinese brush paintings look like? Well, in real life, the scenery is not much different. Muted colours that present themselves in different shades and grades. More subtle if you ask me. There were times, like when I was in Beijing when we had really good sun. That proved a bonus for us when we climbed the Great Wall there at Si Ma Tai. Really breathtaking.

For now, here's a pic from our family trip to Chong Qing. If I remember correctly, this is part of Xian Nu Shan or Fairy Mountain at the outskirts of Chong Qing.


No comments: