Tuesday, October 25, 2005

"Which Way, Lord?"

I was looking through some of my Shanghai photos and decided to post a few. Not your typical ones though. Yes, Shanghai was home to me for 6 months when I was there on a student exchange program.
Recently I had the chance to talk to 2 friends who might be going overseas for at least a year. In the process, I got to share with them my o
wn experience in Shanghai. One of the things I discovered about Christian living then was that the BEING of a Christian was more important than the DOING. One of my prayers in Shanghai was, "Lord, tell me what you have brought me here for, so that I can do my all to accomplish that." Not a totally wrong prayer to make, except that I learnt that I was looking for the wrong answers. God was not so much concerned with the form of how I led my life than the principle by which I led it. Sometimes in life, God's answer to our prayers of "Which way, Lord?" is not a right or wrong but a right and a right. But what distinguishes the person who knows the Lord's heart is when he knows how to live his life reflecting the glory of God no matter which "right" he decides on. And by reflecting the glory of God, the Bible really means living a life of compassion, full of grace and mercy. Cheers!

3 comments:

mirabop said...

Cheers bro. :)
i think the hardest part comes in when you are so sure that you will glorify God in each of the paths, and it becomes plainly an issue of Choice.

That was one of the realisations that popped up last night - that God would not answer me in the ping-pom-piang fashion which i excruciatingly hoped for. But that is cos' He is gracious enough to let us choose; and i give thanks to the Lord for this. :)

~mirabop

es said...

I also subscribe to your view. It is often too shallow to ask "God, do you want me to do this or that..what is your will for me?" While God has a specific calling for us at certain point in time, performing certain roles and all, most of the time, God's will for us is that we glorify Him in all that we do. And it's all about leading holy lives for the beauty of holiness brings our worship anew.

Anonymous said...

this is so gonna leave me thinking for a while...