Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"Cough Cough!"

I've been sick and trying to get well while writing my dissertation. Actually, I went to the docs last Wed and told her I needed to get well quick. She gave me some medicine which I thought included some form of antibiotics. I lost my voice on Friday but decided to finish the medicine first.

This morning I went to see her again. After doing the normal check-ups, she said, "I think I better give you antibiotics."

"Huh...?!" (I thought to myself.... )

It was then that I realised that I had been taking normal flu medicine all these while. Something like panadol, but maybe stronger. And all along, I was thinking, "Let me finish this dose of antibiotics before I see her again." Arrgh. I should have gone right back on Friday!

I pray I get better in time for this Sunday's Singapore Bay Run which I am going in support of the Yellow Ribbon Project. I will be there with my guys, all proudly flashing our yellow singlets (not so proudly actually, don't like the design) and running/ walking all of 6km with guess what... Yellow Ribbon Balloon Hats! We did a practice run last Sunday, and I must say, it was quite a sight to behold! Let's hope that is good enough to draw some media attention to the Yellow Ribbon Project. Below is a sample of how we might look like this Sunday. Now, imagine about 20 of us running in cadence with that. How cool is that?!


If you are interested about the Yellow Ribbon Project, click here to find out more about their activities in Sept.

No comments: