Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ma ma always said it was better to have a longer neck.


I've not posted any original photos in a while and that's because I've not been taking any. I miss going out to just walk around and capture things that catch my eye. I'm not really the wait one hour for the dragonfly to land on the flower in front of you kind of photographer. Nothing against such photography. I appreciate macro photography very much, especially those that have to do with nature and spiders (yes I have a strange fascination with spiders.) I'm just not so patient. I'm more the candid shots kind of person. More the shoot and run kind. Ha.

Anyway, I was going through my old photos and I realised that one theme which has cropped up quite frequently, whether intentional or not, is that of lamp posts and power lines. To me, they form an interesting pattern of lines and meshes when juxtaposed against a sometimes clear, other times dramatic sky. These pipe-like structures seem to swing up in a sort of lyrical way, and form some sort of conversation with the other elements around it. Perhaps they may speak to you in a different way.







More pictures after the break.






















View the entire collection here.

No comments: