Friday, October 20, 2006

A Great Black Stallion

Every man/boy/guy/male has got a favourite car. My just happens to be black, sleek, handsome and is able to reach 100km/h in 4.6 secs with a top speed of 306 km/h. Let me introduce you to the breath-taking Audi R8 (road car). It packs a high-revving 420 bhp eight-cylinder engine, which delivers 309 kW (420 bhp) of power output. Peak torque is 430 Newton-metres from 4.500 to 6,000 rpm. Nevermind if you didn't understand what all the meant. Basically, it is one powerful car that looks GORGEOUS!!! This car is a production road car based on the 2003 Audi Le Mans Quattro concept car. Its 'R8' tag is however, inherited from the smashing Audi R8 (race car), a five time Le Mans winner. So, let me introduce you to the car of my dreams...

Check out more photos here. By the way, what you see on top is actually a 3D model from the R8 website, a fantastic example of a great flash site.

As I was saying, this is a DREAM car. I will never want to own it. Firstly, in Singapore, the road tax will kill you. So will the petrol costs and insurance. And if I ever had that much money, I would rather put it to better use. However, it is certainly a fine example of great craftsmanship!

I remember what my pastor taught me, "Live simply, so that others might simply live." Do I want to get all emotionally tangled up with a car? Getting all worked up with someone scratched it or if some careless drive banged into it? Most definitely not, since I know can be so capable of doing so. I would probably end up driving it as a status symbol, feeling all important because of my expensive beautiful car. Is that so wrong, some of you might wonder... Well, if you really think you could settle for you being defined by your material possesions, be my guest.

But I thought I would let you in on something better. You being defined by this person called Jesus who knows you better than you even know yourself, whose definition of you will never change, and hence your worth in Him and to Him will never also. Can I live without the R8? Of course.

Can I live without Jesus? Of course. But why then would life be worth living?

No comments: