Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Settled in

So, the BIG house moving occurred and we are finally more settled into our new home along Marine Parade. I was personally surprised at the amount of stuff I moved compared to my brother. Let's take a look at my new room with boxes, compared with my brother's.

..

So you see the difference? And that's not even all the boxes I have. Check out part 2 of my luggage in the dining room (now converted to major storeroom).

My brother will tell you that I'm the collector type, like my mum. I choose to think that I keep intelligently for a day where the stuff might come in handy. (There are a few occasions that has happened.) Ha ha. Would you believe me if I told you I still keep my Sec school and JC econs and Geography notes? Hmmm...

Anyway, here are a few more pics of the house in "moved-in" condition.


The toilet I share with my brother.



Our dining room and living room (sofa not in yet).

As I was packing my stuff back into the cupboards, I came across some of my sec school photos and homework that I did. It's funny how all these just seem a little wierd when you read them 10 years later. It certainly brought back some strange memories though. Heh. If you would humour me, I will put some of them up soon. I had a good laugh reading some of my early journal entries to my Sec 1 English school teacher. You probably would to. Ha ha. Reminded me of a time when I was innocent and still very "boy-boy" if you know what I mean.

In other news, Google buys Youtube for 1.65 billion! And there I was thinking, how would Google ever beat Youtube at the online video game? They came in later, have a smaller user base and "Google Video" just doesn't sound as right as "Youtube". Well, there's my answer. "We'll just buy em over!" Looks like critics who call Google the next Microsoft ain't that wrong after all.

3 comments:

jo c said...

ooh your new place looks nice! love the lights in the rooms... but where are the ruffled curtains? haha!

i'm the collector type too. i still have some of my school notes for when i ever need to refer to 'em... which so far has been never.

so am i humouring you enough for you to put up your old school pics and homework? and if i really humour you enough will you put up those boy-boy journal entries to your sec 1 english school teacher? :P i remember my journals... though those were private. i would never truly write out my thoughts for my teacher haha!

Anonymous said...

where did u guys move to? mandarin gardens?

Anonymous said...

Ehh... YES! Come visit! Ha ha. Nice view, nice pool, nice cafes at siglap and straight buses to many places! I like it already!