Friday, October 06, 2006

A panda writes....

I came across this cartoon while look through one of my friend's youtube favourites. I liked it straight away. It has everything I look for in a good show. Humor, cool effects and a good storyline! I started watching one and could not help searching for all the rest of the episodes trying to piece together the story until now! Ha ha... No wonder I have started to look like a panda recently. I think the animation teaches many good values that we can learn from - Learning to see the best in people, believing in the potential that one has (in God) and being like what God demonstrated for us in Nehemiah 9:17 - slow to anger and abounding in love.
Here's Part 1 of the latest episode of Avatar. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.



I have always been fascinated by cartoons and animes that have a certain "fantasy" element to them. They make me dream about what could be and amazes me at how limitless our imagination is. I used to have dreams when I was young, about myself being a silver hawk (the cartoon) or just being able to fly like superman. There was even one where I walked down the side of my flat from the 25th storey to retrieve a toy fire engine that my brother threw down!

But more than the fantasy dreams, I am reminded that I personally know a God who is even more imaginative and creative than all these! After all, He is the one who gave us the ability to start imagining in the first place! I always wonder what heaven would be like, since God is the ultimate creator. I have a hunch that it would be surprisingly breathless beyond our human imagination. Isn't that great?! Anyway, speaking about cartoons, here's a link (Part1 | Part 2) to a collection of old cartoon opening sequences that my brother compiled. Enjoy getting nostalgic. :)

No comments: