Sunday, February 18, 2007

A great day for family

We had our mini reunion dinner last night at home with my parents, my brother, my cousin and me! It was a home cooked steamboat dinner with prawns, sliced pork, lettuce, fish balls, sotong balls, prawn balls, meat balls and more balls. Ha ha.

I have always wondered how celebrating Chinese New Year would be like 10 years from now. Most of our parents would have grown up in pretty big families, hence can visit all the various aunties and uncles and cousins during CNY. 10 years down the road, my children will visit their only uncle - my brother and perhaps an auntie? (my cousin who is as good as our sister.) Hmmm. Looks like my brother better prepare for a huge ang pow cos the children aren't going to have that many relatives to collect from! Ha ha. But of course, there are still the other cousins and not forgetting church friends!

I always enjoy CNY for the interesting conversations we have with relatives. Look out for some of those in the next few days! They are a must read! Ha ha. Well, we did have one yesterday. It went something like this...

Me: (showing off my new found knowledge of Islam from the recent completed SIFY Forum) No lah, in Islam the prophet did not claim to be God.

Cousin: Oh, is that right? You mean he is not Allah?

Me: No no. He was a prophet. Prophet Muhammad Ali.

Everyone: Stunned silence.

Brother: Prophet Muhammad lah! Muhammad Ali is the boxer!!!!!!!

Me: (sheepishly) Oh yah hor....

Anyway, here are 2 pics from yesterday. Notice my brother's Mr Spock ears... (cue X-files theme song...) Stay tuned!


No comments: