Sunday, July 29, 2007

It's a beauitful day


And so I will be running the Osim OD (Olympic Distance) Triathlon today at 11.30am. After one and a half months of training, this is the day. And I have to be down with a slight flu - throat irritation and blocked nose. Still, I thank God for the great weather. The sun is up and it looks like it should stay for a while.

I woke up at 7am though the alarm was set for 8am. Cooked myself some breakfast and did some preparation. Huimei came over to collect the camera and go for her run. She, my bro and some other friends will be there for the flag off. My Dad came out and before he left the house, said a short prayer for me. Obviously still in the mood for yesterday's TCS Walk, he went...

"Lord, we pray for Joe as he goes for his walkathon..."

(short silence followed by outbursts of laughter from the rest of us.)

Ha ha. Oh well. I'm glad the family is around. Makes it so much easier to put forth your best. I hope to finish in 3h 30min. And then, go see doctor to get medicine. Till then, wait for the good news of my results!

No comments: