Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Are you a TRANSFORMER?

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

For most of us born in the 1980s, Transformers represented an era where we were constantly captivated by the imagination and inspiration that this cartoon series brought. I loved the Transformers man. I thought it was one of the most exciting and visually enticing cartoons of its time. Together with cartoons like Visionaries, Robotech, Mask and Centurians, this show ranked right up there in my list of must watch cartoons.

But that's not why I am writing this. I was more drawn to the word TRANSFORMERS than the cartoon or in 2007, the movie itself. What is a transformer? Electrical engineers will tell you it's the thing that steps up or steps down voltage in a power grid. Haha.

To me, a transformer is someone who transforms things. But in order for him to do so, the transformer must be able to first transform himself. That made me think about how God has called us to be the light and the salt in this world. Both are transformers if you think about it. They change the environment they are in. They make a place brighter or tastier. How can we be the light and the salt if we are first not transformed by His grace?

And if we self-proclaim that we have been transformed, how can we not change the environment that we are in? That's the beauty of it! When you are truly transformed, you naturally become a transformer!

Many years ago, I was asked to think about my mission statement in life. I told God, I wanted to be an architect. An architect of man. A person who builds up the people around him. So that as I grow and experience the reality of God in my life, the people around me might also do so because of what I had allowed God to do through my life. Yes, I think I have done that to a certain extent. But I am ready for a power-up.

What about you my dear reader, are you ready to be transformed? If you are, join me as I borrow a line from the Transformers.... "People of God, TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!"

No comments: