Saturday, August 26, 2006

Preach your heart out!


Preach for 5 min. I think I can do that. More importantly, this would be the start of my journey to become an anointed preacher for God. If you happen to be at Expo Hall 9 at 4pm, look out for me. You know what the wierd thing is? My brother's preaching too, he and his spiritual son, Stevie are representing their tribe. And guess what, my spiritual son, Keng San and me are representing Ps Seng Lee's tribe. I've said this before, I'll say it again. My brother and I are so different, yet so alike.

Oh yes, there hasn't been much posts recently cos I have been busy with my architecture dissertation. I was just thinking the other day... I started this blog to write on my own terms, but here I am making an effort to apologise and explain the lack of postings recently. I realise that a blog is never really entirely your blog. When you open it up to others, it becomes theirs too.

Ever asked someone why there hasn't been updates on his/her blog recently? That's what I'm talking about.

Anyway, do you know that Xiaxue, Singapore's famous blogger is a "professional blogger"? That's kind of interesting isn't it? What does a professional blogger do? It's mind-boggling how almost anything can be considered a profession these days. Soon we will see professional gamers, professional trainers for gamers and maybe even professional commentators for game competitions. Wait a minute... don't we have these already?

Anyway, I'm not trying to be sacarstic here, but seriously, I am quite impressed with the different ways human beings come out with new ways to amuse and entertain themselves. And make money from, of course. It goes to show how all these are really tools that can be used for good or for bad, to encourage creativity or to entice into addiction. I'm glad when I hear of people who want to be a famous blogger so that they can influence people with good values. I'm proud of the fact that organisations like TYS (TOUCH Youth Services) have programs to encourage healthy gaming among other things. It helps put things in perspective for the rest of us.

I like this quote from the Bible, "Everything is persmissible, but not everything is beneficial".

Go chew on it. :)

No comments: