Friday, August 04, 2006

Walking for a Cause.


What is it about close to 20, 000 people waking up even before the sun has on a saturday morning, to go walk around the city? On a normal day, madness I would say. But this was no ordinary day. As I rode the escalator up from City Hall MRT, still very much in screen saver mode, I laughed to myself as I saw may others like me, complete with panda eyes, trudging their tired bodies along to the Padang. Yes, on a normal day, we wouldn't be caught dead doing this. but like I said, this was no ordinary day.

Today, we came to revive a special walk. A walk that was really about sending a message of hope and love to our community. Being in FCBC, we are naturally also volunteers of TOUCH Community Services (TCS). And participating in today's walk showed a support on our part of the good work that TCS does, a sign of approval to the many staff and volunteers of TCS that we appreciate your service and a loud resounding message to those we serve that "YES, YOU MATTER!" So as I dragged myself to the padang, haversack, camera bag and 2 laptops in tow, I put a little more lift in my step and smiled a little brighter. Yes, today was a significant day.

No comments: