Monday, March 12, 2007

The importance of good preparation

Ok, I know I have been talking a lot about the Ironman Race recently, but that's only because it has been a really inspiring time for me, seeing my brother prepare, run the race and then finishing it well. This is an account of the race that he recently wrote on his blog. It will give you a much better idea what he went through and what goes on in a person's head as he races.

It was a really encouraging read and as I read till the last word, I could not help but have a new sense of admiration and respect for my brother. The effort and planning put into the race amazed me. It really hit me just how important good preparation is, in everything that we do. If you put in half-hearted preparation, you are only going to get half-hearted results, no matter how much you pray for a miracle. Good preparation is akin to building a strong foundation for good results to be achieved. I need to apply this more in my life. May you be inspired to do so too.


No comments: