Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Photo Essay : "Hungry in Shanghai"


What's a man to do in Shanghai when he is cold, hungry and itching for some hand's on stuff to do? COOK! Haha. That's what I did. Well, from the looks of the photo, it doesn't look a bit Chinese at all huh! It was one of the easiest things to prepare though. Sesame bun from the confectionery downstairs, bacon, white button mushrooms and minced pork from the supermarket nearby and freshly boiled and seasoned mashed potatoes. Oh, by the way, I seasoned the minced pork on my own with sesame oil, salt, pepper, soya sauce, black pepper and some italian seasoning too! Great fun, great taste!

I used my table lamp as a light source and snapped away a few shots before tucking in. You can take my word for it that it tasted as good as it looked. SEDAP!

Anyway, I really relished the time I had in Shanghai when I was there for 6 months on a study exchange. The memories, the stuff I got to explore on my own, the crazy things I did with my 2 other flatmates. I guess you could say it was an education that you would not typically get in school. The world is a lot bigger than what Singapore is. Let's get out of our small little foxholes and live a little!

5 comments:

absolut perfection.:.ひ と き り said...

i miss my exchange life too.. :(

jo c said...

i found myself inspecting that pic very closely haha! hmm i remember someone saying that he'll let me sample his cooking one day... haha!

Unknown said...

Janelle: Ha ha, being in a place where nobody knows you before.. it's sort of like a fresh start isn't it? Somehow, I found myself being more independent and responsible. Ha. Now, back at home, i just leave the laundry to my mum and etc... When I was in Shanghai, I actually enjoyed mopping the floor! Can you imagine that??! :)

Unknown said...

Jo: Yes, hopefully the day will come soon. Haha. Are you sure you want me to cook burgers for you though?

jo c said...

as long as it's labelled food, i'm in haha!

that's it man, i'm heading over to your place now...