Friday, March 09, 2007

Photo Essay : "And the gold fell all over the field of snowy swirls; And the ducks came out to play!"


Well, since I got TWO comments from the previous photo, which, if you ask me is a really BIG thing for me considering it's been ghost town around here for a while, I thought I would reward you guys with another of my food experiments! Presenting to you, "And the gold fell all over the field of snowy swirls; And the ducks came out to play!"

Hmmm. Hungry again? Well, I was trying to remember what went into this dish by picking out the different ingredients I could spot in the photo. I usually make use of what's available in the fridge but sometimes, I do get inspired at the supermarket and buy what I think will work. In this case, it's fried flat noodles with shredded roast duck, ham and white button mushrooms topped with a generous sprinkling of scrambled eggs and lightly seasoned with salt, light soya sauce, white pepper, black pepper, and the all important Italian seasoning.

The italian seasoning is really great as it adds a very unique blend to an otherwise rather Chinese dish. I use it all the time I cook. It's really a mix of oregano, rosemary, basil and sage and comes in a pre-packaged bottle from McCormick. Oh yes, and this is really just to prove that I can cook other things besides burgers. Not that anyone said anything... Ha!

1 comment:

jo c said...

if i'm gonna be a chopped duck, i certainly won't be coming out to play haha! dude, all i see is egg... oh well i can eat other things besides burgers... so hand it over haha!